Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Husband Thinks I am an Asshole

. 

I lack a filter.   I say whatever I want without regard to the audience. This has gotten worse since we have moved to South Carolina.  I have been known to praise Obama in a crowded theater, say Goddammit in a church, and have even managed to say "Fuck yeah," to the pastor at my child's preschool.  And I only become more gregarious when you add alcohol.  But all in fun!

So...  Yesterday I found myself rocking on a friend's dock giggling with others.  The hostess kept my glass full and the kids were rollicking in the lake.  There were a couple of people present that I didn't know, but they were nice enough.  Somehow, I am not sure how, I started talking about a surgeon (I did say his name) who was pushing for a surgery I didn't want.  To get him to back off I said, "I know you, your wife, AND your mistress- you are not going to force me into this. And if you keep trying I will be talking to your wife."   Well, there was a nice gentleman sitting next to me who promptly got up and excused himself.  It turns out, his wife was one of the doctor's mistresses and they are trying to work it out.

I feel like such crap.  As outspoken as I am, I can't stand the idea of hurting someone's feelings.  I want to track him down and apologize, but that would only make the situation worse.  So, I look to my husband to make me feel better.  His response?  "You are such an asshole."

No comments:

Post a Comment